Monday, August 23, 2010

Don't Be a Biter!

I'm not a big fan of people who copy great ideas and try to claim them as their own. Here's what I mean.



Look familiar? Yeah, you may have seen this before...but it wasn't for Tri Delta Transit. It was for Mac. The first time I saw this commercial, I found it mildly amusing. But after seeing it a second time, I realized how much it irritated me to watch it. This commercial is a sad attempt at recreating the classic and original Mac commercial. Now don't get me wrong, a little friendly appropriation never hurt anybody, but this is blatantly wrong. I'm all for using other work as inspiration, but to practically copy a commercial down to the backdrop and the wardrobe choices is a little much. Plus, if you are going to use something someone else created, at least make it better than the original...

Here is one of the original Mac commercials for your viewing enjoyment. Feel free to compare and contrast on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment