Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Picture Really Is Worth A Thousand Words

As I was browsing in Barnes and Noble this morning, I came across the 2010 Communication Arts Magazine Photography Annual. I was flipping through checking out some of the amazing work being featured in it when I was stopped in my tracks by this image.


Photo by Sheryl Nields (ESPN The Magazine)

This photo is of Sarah Reinertsen. She was featured in ESPN Magazine as the first female amputee to complete the Ironman Triathlon World Championship. This photograph struck me for many reasons...besides the obvious. It is truly extraordinary, emotion evoking, and beautiful. I felt it was worth posting. Please share your thoughts on it. I'm interested in what you guys think and feel about this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment