Thursday, August 5, 2010

Off The Beaten Path Is Where It's At



In a society overwhelmed by advertising and images, standing out is so important.

Some of the best ads are those with the most random or outrageous imagery. Here are some successful print ads that won top honors at the CLIO Awards.


Gold


Gold


Gold


Gold

There are three things that are needed to create a great print ad...either a visually arresting image, exceptional copy, or the combination of the two. Obviously these ads focus on visually arresting imagery to draw attention and get the point across. A tagline or copy is used drive the point home.

My favorite is the Alien print ad...it's subtle, but visually impacting. I would definitely stop flipping through pages if I came across it in a magazine. The "Kill a Kid, Kill a Family" ad is also pretty great. Definitely sends a message.

Have a favorite ad?

2 comments:

  1. That Alien ad really stands out...once I get past all that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You totally made me laugh when I read this. Thanks for that and happy Friday! Hope you have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete